Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi
Shri Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi Rituals, Values And Benefits
About Shri Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi: Shri Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi, as the name itself suggests, is a religiously auspicious festival dedicated to Lord Ganesha, the only divine being worshipped first than other divinity, as per mythological facts.
The festival is also known as Sankatahara Chaturthi that falls on the day marking the inception of the lunar month based on the reference of the Hindu calendar.
Krishna Paksha is the day coinciding with the advent of Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi and on this day we perform Ganesh Puja.
One of the most notable features associated with the festival is that it is hailed as a remover of obstacles and hindrances from one’s life and so is worshipped with boundless reverence by the devotees of Lord Ganesha.
Significance of Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi Festival
Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi has its religious significance associated with the fact that first of all it is related or dedicated to the divine being of Lord Ganesha, and secondly, it helps devotees in the attainment of wisdom and enhanced knowledge of spiritual consciousness due to the blessings of Lord Ganesha.
The importance of the festival becomes more heightened, considering it is an effective remedial ritual for removing obstacles of whatsoever difficulty so that the follower of the festival can attain peace, happiness, and desired upshot in their lives.
Religious advantages that come with the observance of fast and rituals associated with the festival are what accentuates the importance and significance of Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi. It is believed that devotees who offer their prayers religiously to the lord Ganesha and follow all the rituals, including observing fasts can attain divine salvation as well.
Such is the magnificence of the festival that we fondly call Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi.
The Rituals Followed During Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi
- The followers of Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi observe a day-long fast during the festival and ensure not to disturb the fast with the intake of anything that is strictly forbidden, such as foods and other stuff, except fruits and root plants as recommended by an erudite priest.
- Devotees break their fast after the main puja dedicated to the festival.
- The conclusion of Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi puja takes place on the first sighting of the moon. The main divine being to be worshipped on this day is Lord Ganesha who is offered puja with fresh flowers, durva grass, and aromatic incense sticks.
- Vrat Katha is also recited during the puja which is said to be one of the rituals to be followed.
- Lord Ganesha is worshipped with special sweets called Naivedya, including a specific one, Modak.
- Sandalwood paste, holy water, rice, and flowers are offered in the direction of the moon.
- Vedic hymns are recited in prayer to Lord Ganesha.
Benefits Of Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi
- Devotees attain knowledge and wisdom.
- Lord Ganesha blesses the devotees with heightened spiritual consciousness.
- Considered as the lord of wealth as well, Lord Ganesha brings forth abundant prosperity in devotees’ lives who worship Him during Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi.
- The festival is observed to have obstacles and hindrances removed for good.
- Worshipping Lord Ganesha during Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi can fulfill the desire of progeny, too.
Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most revered and religiously sacred festivals dedicated to the divine lord of Ganesha. Devotees and followers of the festival offer their devotional prayers to the lord and ask from him for peace, happiness, and prosperity in their lives. People who follow rituals meticulously during the day can also attain divine salvation, along with getting their obstacles removed. The blessings of Lord Ganesha bring forth in one’s life abundant prosperity during Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi.
Do you want a definitive solution? So contact Best Astrologer In South Delhi.