Introduction To Akshaya Tritiya
Akshaya Tritiya or Akha Teej is one of the most auspicious festivals in India celebrated annually by Hindus and the Jain community in the country. The festival falls on the lunar day of the Shukla Paksha during the month of Vaisakha, though the celebration date of the festival may vary, depending on the Indian traditional calendar. The festival also carries a valuable message, conveying the third day of ceaseless prosperity.
Significance Of Akshaya Tritiya
A popular festival like Akshaya Tritiya exists in the hearts of devotees because it is highly auspicious and gives out a sense of forever prosperity. Meaning, the festival is a harbinger of good luck, thus being an auspicious occasion for people who want to set up a new business or undertake a new project.
From the perspective of divinity, the value of Akshaya Tritiya lies in the fact that it is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the mighty divine lord and the preserver of the Universe. It is believed, as per mythology, that Akshaya Tritiya is the day paving the path for the genesis of the Treta Yuga.
The value of the festival also increases when in some years, its arrival falls in sync with the advent of Lord Parashurama Jayanti. Akshay Tritiya Puja is considered an auspicious event and so puja on this event can get you happiness and prosperity.
In A Nutshell, Akshaya Tritiya Is Significant Due To The Following Reasons –
- It is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the mighty divine lord, and preserver of the universe.
- In some years, the festival is celebrated coinciding with another valuable event, the Parashurama Jayanti.
- It is mythologically believed to be the genesis of Treta Yuga.
- It is said to be the harbinger of good luck, peace, and prosperity.
- The festival prompts people to buy gold/silver items to invite good fortunes into their lives.
- The value of Akshaya Tritiya is also based on the fact that Lord Kuber was consecrated as the Lord of wealth on this day.
- The day is believed to be the birthday of Lord Parashurama.
Things To Be Followed During Akshaya Tritiya –
- Devotees should make offerings to their forefathers on this auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya to receive their blessings.
- Feed food and water to stray animals on this holy day to bring good luck and happiness in one’s life.
- Serve the needy or donate their food.
- Offer clothes and books to the needy or underprivileged.
- Things to be donated during Akshaya Tritiya include sandalwood, vermillion, and food.
History Behind Akshaya Tritiya
- It was the auspicious day when the epic Mahabharata was written by Lord Ganesha and Veda Vyasa.
- It is the day commemorating the birthday of Lord Parashurama.
- On this day, Lord Krishna blessed his friend, Sudama, with boundless prosperity.
- This day marks Lord Krishna giving the ‘Akshaya Patra’ to the Pandeva when they were serving exile.
- This day marks the arrival of Mata Ganga on the earth.
- Lord Kuber became the divine lord of wealth on this day.
Akshaya Tritiya is one of the holiest festivals in India. The significance of the festival is quite transcendental, since many historical facts and values are associated with the origin of the festival, as per mythological descriptions and connotations. Worshipping Lord Vishnu with proper rituals on this day can bless a devotee with peace, prosperity, and success in his chosen endeavor.
Are you searching for the best love astrology services? Talk To Best Astrologer On Phone for the same and attain best astro-solutions in your life.