What is Paush Purnima?
Paush Purnima is one of the most auspicious occasions broadly celebrated by Hindu devotees all over India.
The most significant virtue of the event is that it commemorates the celebration of the goddess Shakambhari. It is believed that the divine almighty Adishakti incarnated as Jagadamba Shakambhari in Shivalik Himalaya at the compassionate call of the gods.
What Qualifies The Importance Of Paush Purnima?
The occasion of Paush Purnima is not an ordinary event, considering this is the day celebrated to commemorate the divine incarnation of goddess Shakambhari. It further explains why Paush Purnima is held in deep reverence of the devotees, who offer their prayers and reverential regard to the deity Shakambhari for peace, happiness and wellbeing in their lives. On the day of Paush Purnima, devotees worship the deity Shakambhari at the temple situated in the mountain range of Shivalik of Saharanpur.
Moreover, the significance of Paush Purnima is also great as the Indian Vedas have emphasized the importance of the same, including the fact that devotees who take a holy bath on this day are fated to gain divine favours or Punya in life.
Donations given on this day by devotees also earn them divine salvation after death, according to religious beliefs. Conducting any ritualistic deeds on this day is considered very auspicious and result-oriented. Moreover, doing anything good or auspicious on this day can earn a devotee the blessings of Lord Vishnu and Mata Lakshmi.
Methods To Follow On Paush Purnima For Best Results In Life –
- To attain good results or dispel obstacles in life, always place leaves of the Ashoka tree after taking a bath early in the morning. Instead of Ashoka’s leave, you can also choose a garland made out of mango leaves (also known as Toran).
- It is believed that if a devotee performs Shri Satyanarayan puja on Paush Purnima, great results happen in their life, such as peace, happiness, pleasure, sound wellbeing, wealth, fame and prosperity.
- Ratri-Jagaran (to observe sleeplessness the whole night) is one of the most special activities to be performed on Paush Purnima, as doing so can earn you the blessings of Mata Lakshmi. Punya that a devotee earns by doing Ratri-Jagran on this day is equal in auspiciousness to the Punya that he may attain by doing meditation for thousands of years.
- One should do Kanakdhara Path to gain prosperity in life.
- Donating things giving comfort in winter, such as blankets, etc. is considered very auspicious.
Conclusion Paush Purnima is one of the most auspicious occasions celebrated by devotees with great pleasures. On this day, devotees commemorate goddess Shakambhari. Moreover, it is believed that doing Satyanarayan puja and activities like donations on this day can earn a devotee many great results, such as peace, happiness, fame, wellbeing, wealth, and salvation.